England host New Zealand for a two-test match series from August 2 at Lord’s kicking off their home summer season. England lost their previous Test series against India, while New Zealand are unbeaten in their last six Test matches. New Zealand will take these two games as preparations for the upcoming WTC final. Meanwhile, this is a stats preview article ahead of the start of the first Test between the two sides.
England vs New Zealand 2021, 1st Test: Stats Preview
Overall Tests: 105
England Won– 48
England’s recent Form– LLLWW
New Zealand’s recent Form– WWWWW
Average 1st Inns scores 312
Average 2nd Inns scores 298
Average 3rd Inns scores 257
Average 4th Inns scores 155
Key Stats Preview Ahead Of First Test
- James Anderson will equal Sir Alastair Cook‘s number of Test matches if he plays.
- James Bracey will become the first Gloucestershire player to make a Test debut for England.
- This is England’s first game in front of crowds since the final Test match of Ashes 2019. Lord’s will host up to 25% capacity (around 7,500).
- Kiwi skipper Kane Williamson needs 58 runs to get past former skipper Stephen Fleming’s tally of 8037 Test runs.
- New Zealand have lost nine out of their last 12 Test matches away from home.