Speedster Kagiso Rabada awaits result of his appeal

Kagiso Rabada
Kagiso Rabada bowled brilliantly against Australia. Photo Credit: Getty Images.

Following the six-hour long hearing, the South African fast bowler Kagiso Rabada is waiting for the result of his appeal. Pertinently, the verdict will be delivered on Wednesday (March 21).

The prominent suspended paceman Rabada will learn about his appeal regarding the ban after being grilled.

“We haven’t even spoke about it since we got together today. We as players are trying to isolate ourselves away from that situation,” South African opener Dean Elgar was quoted by AAP.

Kagiso Rabada
Kagiso Rabada is a fiery competitor. Photo Credit: Getty Images.

Rabada is facing the ban for the two Tests against Steven Smith-led Australia.

However, the hearing on March 19 revealed the fate of Rabada is set to be decided in next 48 hours.

Earlier, owing to the teleconference Michael Heron, who’s a judicial commissioner quizzed Rabada. Heron is hailing from New Zealand.

Both teams registered one win each so far. However, Cricket South Africa (CSA) expect respite for Rabada.

“Whether KG is playing in the third Test or not, it’s out of our hands. Hopefully we can put this behind us an carry on playing cricket,” Elgar said.

Former Australian speedster Brett Lee said it’s part and parcel of the game. He added one should not cross the limits. He admitted the fact by saying he doesn’t want to see robots taking the field.

“In all honesty… we don’t want robots on the field,” Lee told media.

The incident took place during the second Test in Port Elizabeth when Rabada made physical contact with Smith.

However, the ICC handed 22-year-old Rabada three demerit points which overall took his tally to eight points. Unfortunately, it further brought the right-arm speed gun on the brink of the two-test ban.

Kagiso Rabada
Kagiso Rabada broke the back of Australian battling line-up in Port Elizabeth. Photo Credit: Getty Images.

Rabada, who’s known for wearing the heart on his sleeve bagged 15 wickets in first two Tests.

However, South African skipper Faf du Plessis has also joined the meeting early on.

On the other side, Rabada’s advocate Dali Mpofu alongside the Proteas team manager Mohammed Moosajee was with Rabada during the procedure.

Mpofu reiterated it was not the deliberate contact from Kagiso Rabada during the send-off.

In the gentleman’s game altercations on the field is not new. However, it the first Test at Centurion, the off-field fight between Australian vice-captain and Proteas wicketkeeper-batsman became the centre of attention.

Here’s the newsfeed:

INDW vs AUSW 2018: All Round Effort from Ellyse Perry Wins the Series for Australia

Chris Rogers Appointed Australia’s High-Performance Coach

Related Posts