Shane Warne
Shane Warne (Image Credit: Twitter)

Legendary Australian player Shane Warne’s corpse arrived at the Don Mueang airport in Bangkok on Thursday and was ready for departure to Australia as the iconic cricketer will receive a state funeral.  Warne died of a heart attack on March 4 at Koh Samui island in Thailand at the age of 52.

It was revealed on Monday by an autopsy that the Australian player’s death was caused by natural reasons. The former Australian player’s family have revealed that he had been suffering from heart issues and asthma just weeks before his death, and had also completed a 14-day only liquid diet.

RIP Shane Warne
RIP Shane Warne.

To find words to adequately express our sadness is impossible: Shane Warne’s family

Warne’s family expressed their sorrow for the loss of their prominent member and Australia’s greatest bowler of the game. Warne’s daughter Summer wished to be with her father in his final moments and mentioned that she missed him.

“To find words to adequately express our sadness is an impossible task for us and looking to a future without Shane is inconceivable,” parents Keith and Brigitte Warne said in a statement.

“I miss you so much already. I wish I could’ve hugged you tighter in what I didn’t know were my final moments with you. I wish I could’ve told you that everything was going to be OK and hold your hand,” Summer said. 

It’ll be a very big event: Victoria Premier on Shane Warne’s state memorial service

Warne’s state memorial service will be celebrated on March 30 with no limitations on crowd numbers at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, as confirmed by Victoria’s Premier Daniel Andrews. Mr. Andrews said that the event will be a celebration of the Australian player’s life and all of his achievements will be highlighted on the board.

Daniel Andrews
Daniel Andrews. Image: Twitter

“There’s nowhere in the world more appropriate to farewell Warnie than the ’G’. It’ll be a very big event. It will be a celebration of his life as it should be,” Andrews said, as published in The Sydney Morning Herald.

According to reports from Australian media, Mr Andrews said they will chalk out plans for the memorial event and will finalise things related to COVID-19 norms but mentioned that there won’t be any barrier on crowd limit as the MCG has the capacity to host more than 100,000 people.

Also Read: New CCTV Footage Shows 4 Masseuses Leaving Shane Warne’s Resort Room Hours Before His Death – Reports