In the 4th match of the BBL 10, Melbourne Renegades thrashed Perth Scorchers by 7 wickets at Bellerive Oval (Hobart).
Perth Scorchers captain Ashton Turner decided to bat first after winning the toss. However, their side was bundled out for only 130 runs in 19.1 overs. In reply, Renegades chased down the target in 16.3 overs after losing only three wickets.
Brief Scores: Perth Scorchers – 130 in 19.1 overs (Aaron Hardie 33, Ashton Turner 24; Kane Richardson 3/22)
Melbourne Renegades: 131/3 in 16.3 overs (Shaun Marsh 62, Aaron Finch 35; Jhye Richardson 2/20)
The Result – Melbourne Renegades won by 7 wickets
Big Bash League 2020-21 (BBL 10), Match 4: Melbourne Renegades vs Perth Scorchers – Stats Review
Melbourne Renegades – largest victory against Scorchers
i) Renegades won this match by 7 wickets. It is their largest victory (by wickets) against Perth Scorchers. Their previous such record was winning by 4 wickets at Melbourne (Docklands) 20th December 2018.
Kane Richardson – 2nd most times 3 or more wickets for a BBL team
i) Returning to Melbourne Renegades squad, the right-arm pacer Kane Richardson had the bowling figures of 3.1-0-22-3. It was the 10th time when Richardson managed to claim 3 or more wickets for Renegades in BBL history. Surpassing Perth Scorchers’ Andrew Tye, who has recorded 9 times in BBL history to pick up at least 3 wickets for his team, Richardson recorded second most times to pick up at least 3 wickets for a team in BBL history. Sean Abbott is the record holder in this list as he has managed 12 times for Sydney Sixers to claim 3 or more wickets.
- However, Kane Richardson is holding the record of most 3 or more wickets in a BBL match as the latest one was his 14th time in BBL career.
Shaun Marsh – record number of BBL 50+ scores, 50th 50+ score in T20 career
i) Playing his 50th BBL match, Shaun Marsh scored his 18th BBL 50+ score.
- It is the record number of 50+ score in BBL history as a left-handed batsman. D’Arcy Short is behind of him with 17 times 50+ score in BBL career.
- It is the third most number of 50+ score for a batsman in BBL history. The other two names in this list are Aaron Finch (20 times) and Chris Lynn (19 times).
ii) Shaun Marsh registered his 50th T20 half-century (2 centuries and 48 half-centuries).
- Marsh became the fifth Australian batsman to register 50 or more times 50+ score in T20 career. The other four Aussies in this list are David Warner (88 times), Aaron Finch (69 times), Shane Watson (59 times) and Brad Hodge (50 times).
- The left-handed batsman became the 20th batsman to register 50 or more times 50+ score in T20 career.