What happens when one of India’s most prominent sports content platforms joins hands with a celebrated cricketer? Well, we have a winning partnership for starters! On July 8 this year, Fun88 announced the signing of Daren Sammy, a former captain of the West Indies cricket team, as its brand ambassador. The much-talked-about partnership will kick off with Sammy featuring in a series of brand films, that are a part of Fun88’s upcoming integrated branding and marketing campaign #LagiShart. Needless to say, the target audience are sports fanatics in India.
One of the leading brands in online sports, Fun88 promises one of the broadest portfolios of markets and odds across various sports and leagues. With customer satisfaction and entertainment as its utmost priorities, Fun88 puts its best foot forward to offer a holistic experience. It implements the latest technology and games alongside impeccable and personalized customer service. Besides, Fun88 has been actively indulging in global sports marketing over the past decade. With Daren Sammy as its brand ambassador, Fun88 can now only look forward to scale greater heights and expand its reach even further! Sports enthusiasts and industry insiders alike are anticipating this move to take the sports world by storm
The Special Connection Behind This Partnership
Not known to many, this partnership has a special connection behind it. Sammy, while signing up as Fun88.net’s brand ambassador, has mentioned in a media statement that the number 88, was his jersey number for over two decades. No wonder he has always shared a very close relationship with this number. He added that he has been following Fun88 since 2009, and has been a witness to the stupendous growth of this platform over the years. He also expressed his excitement and gratitude about being associated with the Fun88 team as a brand endorser.
“My relationship with the number 88, which has been my jersey number too, spans over two decades and with FUN88 I see a synergy to make it the go-to destination for sports enthusiasts in India. Having followed FUN88 for a while, I have seen how the platform has evolved over the years. It has celebrated sports and cricket and has brought fans together since inception. I am excited about this association with the team at FUN88 and deeply thankful for being given the opportunity to be its ambassador and face,” added Daren Sammy on signing up as Fun88’s brand ambassador.
Fun88 is thrilled with this association, to say the least! An icon to look up to in the sports field, Sammy has made exemplary contributions to Caribbean cricket. He enjoys a huge fan following in India, which will surely work wonders for Fun88 as a brand. This partnership with the new brand ambassador perfectly complements Fun88’s vision of catapulting Fun88 to be the go-to destination for sports content in India, while making it an even more familiar name in the global & Indian sports domain.
Having made his international debut way back in 2004, Daren Sammy is one of the most experienced cricketers from the West Indies. Under his captaincy, the West Indies team won the Twenty20 International (T20) World Cup twice in 2012 and 2016. Besides, he is the only captain in world cricket to have led his side to two T20 World Cup victories. He carved out a niche for himself in international cricket as an all-rounder. A big-hitting batsman and a medium-pace bowler, rolled into one, he proved his mettle in a number of leagues worldwide, which has, expectedly given a major boost to his net worth.
Lifestyle Of The Ex-Windies Captain, Daren Sammy
A sporting legend in Saint Lucia, his birthplace, Daren Sammy is a demi-god of sorts, for being its first international cricketer, who also won two T20 World Cups for West Indies. Let’s take a closer look at his lifestyle:
- He’s so popular in his home country that the ‘Beausejour Cricket Ground’ in Saint Lucia was renamed the ‘Daren Sammy Cricket Ground’ after Sammy captained the West Indies team to win the T20 World Cup for the second time in 2016.
- Daren Sammy and his wife Cathy Daniel married in 2011, and the couple has four children. He also established the Daren Sammy Foundation to enrich the lives of underprivileged athletes through sports and extracurricular activities.
- Being a major cultural influencer, he has launched an exclusive range of perfumes called 88 Special. In an interview, Sammy mentioned that the perfume has the aroma of Tropical flavours and Asian spices. The perfume brand is the result of a collaboration between Daren Sammy and a company called Asgharali Perfumes.
Sammy has an amazing fan following in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and West Indies. This exciting association will help the brand in taking betting-related sports content to several parts of the world.
Key Milestones of Daren Sammy’s Career
Let’s look at some of the interesting highlights of Daren Sammy’s cricket career that established him as name to reckon with, in the world of cricket:
- His ODI debut in 2004 was followed by his Test debut against England in 2007, where he took 7/66. This was the best bowling figure for a West Indian in his first Test!
- He is the only captain to have won the T20 World Cup twice. In the 2012 ICC World Twenty20, he was the captain of the West Indies cricket team. The team emerged victorious against Sri Lanka, and this was West Indies’ first major trophy for 8 years.
- Sammy captained the West Indies team when it won against England in the 2016 ICC World Twenty20.
- He captained Peshawar Zalmi in the Pakistan Super League from 2017 to 2020.
- When he had to step down from the Peshawar Zalmi team due to fitness issues, he entered into a two-year head coaching contract for Peshawar Zalmi, which he still holds.
- His contribution in bringing back intentional cricket to Pakistan won him the highest civilian medal of Pakistan, Nishan-e-Pakistan, on 23 March 2020. The President of Pakistan Arif Alvi also awarded him honorary Pakistani citizenship.
- In June 2021, Sammy was appointed as a member of the Cricket West Indies (CWI) Board of Directors.
#LAGISHART: What’s It All About?
Currently, Fun88 has an array of irresistible offers in store, all of which are being endorsed by Sammy. Irrespective of whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned bettor, you must check out these offers. If you haven’t given a shot to online sports betting yet, Fun88 is your go-to destination, more so with such enticing offers pertaining to welcome bonuses, cashback bonuses, first-time deposits, reload bonuses, and so on! It simply cannot get better for beginners!
What’s more, Fun88 has come up with a brilliant campaign based on the colloquial tagline – ‘Lagi Shart’ which means ‘To place a bet’, the campaign also involves several attractive prizes to draw sports betting enthusiasts.
Interestingly enough, the phrase, Lagi Shart, has wider socio-cultural implications as it’s commonly used by individuals challenging each other to prove a point. Going by the initial reaction, the campaign has managed to stir quite a buzz, garnering immense curiosity and interest amongst sports lovers. Be it a BMW X7 or the Hayabusa bikes, the iPhone 12 models or free tickets to the IPL finals, the campaign has some eye-popping prizes to take you by delight! After all, with Fun88, you can expect the fun to go on and on!