BCB urges Mashrafe Bin Mortaza to make T20I comeback
Published - 21 Feb 2018, 04:50 PM | Updated - 23 Aug 2024, 12:22 AM

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President, Najmul Hasan Papon wants Mashrafe Bin Mortaza back into the national Twenty20 side. Further, he also added that Bangladesh cricket team will welcome him if he decides to come back from retirement.
Meanwhile, fast bowler Mashrafe Bin Mortaza announced his retirement from T20Is in February last year (2017).
However, Mashrafe still leads the Bangladesh team in the fifty-over format.
Since then, Bangladesh has failed to make an impact in the T20I fold. Most recently, Bangladesh suffered a 2-0 loss to Sri Lanka at home.
He is our dependable bowler:
Najmul met the team director Khaled Mahmud and captain Shakib Al Hasan to discuss on the series loss. Later, he admitted that he wanted Mortaza back in the mix for the Nidahas Trophy.
Meanwhile, India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka will take part a T20 tournament to mark the 70 years of Sri Lanka’s independence. It will take place between March 6-18 in Colombo.
“We discussed… Mashrafe. But it entirely depends on him,” Nazmul told reporters.
“Some people said if I tell him, then he would play, but I told him to play in this (Sri Lanka) series… I didn’t force him. He said he wanted to play Test cricket which is why the discussion didn’t progress,” he added.

“Apart from Mustafizur (Rahman), I think Mashrafe is the most dependable (bowler),” Najmul concluded.
However, off-late Bangladesh has witnessed a dip in fortunes. They lost three consecutive series they have played so far in 2018.
Further, here is the newsfeed:
Chris Lynn once again injured during the T20 Tri-nation series final
Balwinder Sandhu declares Bhuvneshwar Kumar mature enough than Ishant Sharma
Watch: Shahid Afridi hilariously strikes Shoaib Malik’s manhood with phone
About the Author

I am an accountant by qualification, my parents thought their obedient son would study further to be... Read more