Cricket West Indies (CWI) has given a positive nod for the three-Test series in England, slated to take place in July. The series was originally scheduled to take place from June 4 but after the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) had suspended all its cricket activities, in the wake of novel coronavirus till early July, the series has been postponed.
The three-Test series will be played in a ‘bio-secure’ environment, marking the return of international cricket, after it was last played in March. Cricket boards will keep a close eyes on how the series pans out and it the players’ management and safety concerns is met to decide about their future tour to England.
Cricket West Indies received detailed plans for players and staff
Cricket West Indies chief had earlier said that it will send its player as early as June 8, so that they can follow the norm of isolation, and undergo proper training before the series gets underway. The board has now said that it has received a detailed plan for players and staffs to be kept in the bio-secure environment for the tour.
“CWI … received and reviewed detailed plans for players and staff to be kept in a bio-secure environment for the duration of the tour, with all matches being played ‘behind closed doors’,” it said in a statement on Friday.
The board is in constant touch with its government to facilitate its members for the tour. They are also arranging for special chartered flights for the players to conduct their medical tests before departure.
As far as the England cricket board is concerned, they have reportedly come to an agreement with their government, for the tour to take place.