India’s World Cup defeat in the semifinals against New Zealand has broken millions of dreams. The Men in Blue were overwhelming favourites but the Kiwis were able to pull up a rabbit out of the hat. Meanwhile, a 22-year old boy attempted suicide in Singahlbadi village of Odisha.
It is reported that the boy tried to end his life as he consumed poison after India’s 18 run loss against New Zealand in the first semifinal at Old Trafford, Manchester. The youth belongs to the village which is in Golamunda block of Kalahandi district of the state.
This is insane.
Banalata Devi, Chief District Medical Officer (CDMO) told ANI: “A 22-year old Sambaru Bhoi was diagnosed with poison in his stomach after he was bought to the hospital this morning.”
Meanwhile, Bhoi had lost a bet to his friends that India would win the match. He was found unconscious in his paddy fields this morning and was rushed to the hospital by his family.
“He was first admitted to Dharamgarh Subdivisional Hospital and later shifted to Bhawanipatna district hospital as his condition did not improve,” Devi said.
Subsequently, it is reported the Sambaru Bhoi now stable and is out of any danger. In fact, Devi stated that the patient can be shifted if the condition arises.
On the other hand, India was able to restrict New Zealand to 239 runs. However, the Kiwis were able to get off to a great start as they took three early wickets of Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli and KL Rahul.
India made an inspiring comeback when Ravindra Jadeja was able to hit the ground running. Jadeja was able to strike the ball cleanly whereas MS Dhoni came up with a valiant effort as he scored 50 runs. However, both batsmen efforts went in vain as India fell short by 18 runs.