Australia’s stand-in-skipper, Aaron Finch, scripted history and became the only batsman to hit two 150+ scores in the shortest format of the game.
It was the 3rd match of the T20I tri-series against Zimbabwe when Finch went on to achieve the feat. He scored a sensational 172 off 76 deliveries which studded with 16 fours and ten sixes.
During his brilliant knock, Finch also registered the highest individual score in the T20I format. In the process, Finch also broke many records. Courtesy, his sublime knock Australia, scored a mammoth 229 in their allotted 20 overs. Eventually, Australia won the clash by 100 runs, as Zimbabwe scored 129 for nine in their 20 overs.
Now without wasting any time, let us take a look at the list of records which Finch created during his historic knock
- Aaron Finch and D’Arcy Short became the first ever pair in international T20I’s to notch up a partnership of 200 or more runs.
- Finch in the process became the only batsman across formats to break his record for the highest individual score.
- Finch’s ten sixes in the innings were the 2nd time he smashed more than ten sixes in a T20I inning. It is the most by any batsmen.
- Finch became the 1st ever batsman in the world to score two 150+ scores in T20I cricket.
- He now holds the record for the 2nd highest score in T20 cricket. Chris Gayle holds the record for the highest individual score in T20 cricket with a score of 175 for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL.
- The partnership of 223 runs between Finch and D’Arcy Short is the highest for any wicket in T20I cricket.
- Finch during his knock became the 18th batter to smash three international T20 fifties.
- Finch score 75.11% of Australia’s score of 229. This is the highest % of runs scored by an individual batsman in any completed T20I innings.
- Finch broke his record of 156 which he scored against England in 201