In an unfortunate incident in Ahmedabad’s Nana Chiloda, two children Ankit Sharma, 5, and Vijay Gopal Thakor, 8, were electrocuted while playing cricket. Both the children suffered the fatal injury after touching an electricity pole. The tragic incident took place on Monday as both the children lost their lives after suffering severe burns.
They were rushed to Civil Hospital but were declared dead after a brief period of treatment. Police sources said the boys were playing cricket with their friends when they accidentally touched an electricity pole, and were electrocuted.
Read More: Kuldeep Yadav Or Ravichandran Ashwin For West Indies Tests? Harbhajan Singh Reveals His Pick
“The other boys playing with them informed their parents, who took them to Civil Hospital. They were treated for a while but had suffered severe burns and died at about 6.00pm,” a police official was quoted as saying by The Times of India.
According to police, they got information from Civil Hospital at about 4.35pm that two children had been brought in with severe burns. Police also described the horrific incident that claimed two lives.
“We went to the hospital and spoke to their relatives. They said that the boys were playing cricket with their friends. While Ankit touched the pole by accident and got a shock, Vijay also went there to fetch the ball. Both fell unconscious on the spot,” a police official said.
Police officials said they have sent the bodies for postmortems. The families will receive the bodies only after the completion of the medical procedure.
“The bodies will be handed over to the families on Tuesday morning. We have registered a case of accidental death and are investigating the reasons behind it,” said a police official.
Also Read: Stats: No One Has Hit A Batsman More Than Jofra Archer Since His Debut But Who Are The Others In Top Ten