Cricketer Hardik Pandya is in trouble over a tweet on BR Ambedkar, the architect of the constitution.
Meanwhile, a court in Rajasthan’s Jodhpur has directed the police to file an FIR against the cricketer.
However, a copy of the complaint shows that the comment was never posted on his verified Twitter handle.
While Hardik Pandya’s twitter handle is @hardikpandya7, the court order is by a complaint that refers to the handle @sirhardik3777.
A tweet from @sirhardik3777’s handle prompted the complaint on December 26. The court had responded to a petition by DR Meghwal, who says he is a member of the Rashtriya Bhim Sena. He also admitted that Hardik Pandya’s tweet was offensive and hurt the sentiment of people.
Meanwhile, the police officers are yet to receive the court orders.
However, here are some of the interesting facts about Pandya:
1) Born on October 11, 1993, in Choryasi in Gujarat, the cricketer’s full name is Hardik Himanshu Pandya. He uses his father’s name – Himanshu – who had a motor finance business in Surat, as his middle name.
2) While Hardik trained at Kiran More’s academy, the veteran cricketer did not charge him any fee for the initial three years.
3) This ‘West Indian From Baroda’ hasn’t studied beyond Class IX. He left education forever to pursue his dream of becoming a cricketer.
4) The right-handed Pandya has once smashed 39 in an over in a Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
5) He started his international career with a debut in T20internatonals for Team India on 26 January 2016. He then made his ODI debut that same year – on October 16. Known for his big hitting, he played T20’s and ODI’s for a year before making his Test debut on July 26, 2017.
Further, here is the newsfeed: