Rajasthan Royals came out on top against Mumbai Indians in a game where the fortunes swung from one side to another like a pendulum. The Royals defeated the defending champions by 3 wickets to get back to winning ways. Debutant Jofra Archer (3 for 22), Sanju Samson (52) and Ben Stokes (40) laid the platform for the thrilling win but the game turned on its head when Mumbai clawed their way back into the game through late strikes.
However, Royals found a new hero in K Gowtham who slammed an 11-ball unbeaten 33 to help the hosts chase down 168 with two deliveries to spare.
With the game now done and dusted, here is a look at some interesting numbers:
1. Evin Lewis is not having the best of debut seasons in the IPL. The West Indies star was out for a duck for the third time in 11 innings in the Twenty20 format in India. Outside India, he has failed to score in only one of the 76 T20 innings.
2. Sanju Samson has now scored 6 fifties against Mumbai Indians. He does not have more than two fifties against any IPL team.
3. Rohit Sharma was dismissed for a duck for the tenth time in IPL. It made him the eighth player to achieve the dubious record.
4. Surya Kumar’s 72-run knock went in vain. It is now the second highest individual innings in an IPL game in Jaipur that came on the losing side. Rahul Dravid is at the top of this list as his unbeaten 75 for Royal Challengers Bangalore came in a losing cause against Royals in 2008.
5. Hardik Pandya played his 100 T20 game.
6. Kieron Pollard has now hit 150 sixes in the IPL. It made him the ninth player to hit 150 sixes in the IPL. He is also the fourth overseas player after Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers and David Warner to achieve the feat.