Continuing their red-hot form, Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) beat Delhi Daredevils (DD) convincingly by seven wickets to strengthen their position at the top of the Indian Premier League’s (IPL) points table.
Bowling first, the Kane Williamson-led side restricted the visitors to 163 for five despite conceding 95 runs in the first 10 overs. Prithvi Shaw top-scored for Delhi, scoring 65 to register his second fifty of the season.
In reply, Sunrisers reached home with a ball to spare. Alex Hales and Shikhar Dhawan added 77 runs for the first wicket before Delhi bowlers dismissed them in quick succession – to put some pressure back on the hosts.
Well, in the end, Hyderabad required 14 runs in the last over and Williamson along with Yusuf Pathan did the job brilliantly.
With the game now done and dusted, here is a look at some interesting numbers and stats:
1. Prithvi Shaw became the first player in the IPL to score multiple fifties before turning 19. He scored a fifty in his second IPL match against the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
2. Rashid Khan received the Man of the Match award for his spell of two for 23. This was his fifth MoM award in the IPL and third of the ongoing season.
The star leg-spinner now has the most number of MoM awards since the start of last season (2017).
3. Shaw scored his fifty off just 25 balls. This is the second fastest fifty by any player against Sunrisers in Hyderabad.
The record is held by Wriddhiman Saha, who had scored a 22-ball fifty in 2014 while playing for Kings XI Punjab.
4. This was the 19th time Yusuf Pathan remained unbeaten in successful run-chases in the IPL. He now stands alongside Ravindra Jadeja for remaining unbeaten on most occasions in the IPL.
5. Amit Mishra now has the most number of wickets at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad.
Before the clash against Daredevils on May 5, both Mishra and Bhuvneshwar Kumar started off the game with 30 Twenty20 wickets already under their belt at the home venue.
The leg-spinner bagged two wickets in the match whereas, the pacer failed to pick up any wicket.
6. The 164-run chase by Sunrisers Hyderabad is their highest at their home ground in Hyderabad in the IPL. Their previous highest successful chase at this venue was 161 against Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2014.