T10 League officials in talks with ECB about hosting T10 tournaments
Published - 22 Feb 2018, 04:39 PM | Updated - 22 Aug 2024, 11:49 PM

Organizers of the T10 league are all set to meet the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) officials next month. They are likely to discuss the possibility of hosting the future events.
Meanwhile, the debut edition of the T10 league was a grand success. It took place in December last year with England ODI and T20 captain Eoin Morgan among the star players. There were more than 15,000 spectators present at the Sharjah Stadium to watch the final game.

Initial stages of discussion:
The chairman of the T10 League, Shaji Ul-Mulk confirmed that England’s governing body had shown interest. Further, West Indies counterparts to stage their tournaments overseas is also eager to stage the event.
“We are an initial stage of discussing with them,” said Ul-Mulk at Dubai Marina. “We intend to have a meeting with them (ECB) in mid-March. The intention is to take T10 global. “To be working with a powerful cricket board like the England Cricket Board will be another feather in our cap. It will be an independent league. The Sharjah league will continue in its own format,” he added.
“We also have discussions with West Indies board to take it to the US as well. The talks are in place. Whether we will be doing it in 2018 or 2019 is down to the matter of discussions,” Shaji stated further.

They are in talks with BCCI:
The powerhouse from Delhi, Virender Sehwag was the only cricket to take part in the T10 league. However, Ul-Mulk hopes that could change, confirming they are in talks with the BCCI.
“It’s a known fact all around the world that it’s only the IPL where they will allow their players to play,” said Shaji. “All other international leagues around the world do not have Indian players. We made T10 a success without the Indian players. So as far as the format of the league is concerned, it’s purely a South Asian league,” he added.
“We are in a country where there is a big cricket following. For us, we already proved that T10 cricket can be a success without the participation of the Indian players. But saying that we are in dialogue with the BCCI and it is an on-going process. We are talking and that is an on-going process,” Shaji concluded.

Meanwhile, the organizers are planning to make this tournament much bigger when it comes back in December. Not only has the tournament been extended from four to 10 days, but there will also be two more franchises. Also, Ul-Mulk there are six firm bids already being considered to buy one of them.
Further, here is the newsfeed:
Scans to Determine Participation of Chris Lynn
Top 5 most expensive spells for India in T20Is
Indian Cricket Media Rights Set to be e-Auctioned on March 27
About the Author

I am an accountant by qualification, my parents thought their obedient son would study further to be... Read more