Virat Kohli Has Come Clean And Openly Said Everything– Nayan Mongia On Captaincy Controversy
Published - 17 Dec 2021, 03:15 PM | Updated - 23 Aug 2024, 01:02 AM

Former Indian wicketkeeper-batsman Nayan Mongia reacting to the captaincy controversy in Indian cricket has said that the Indian red-ball captain Virat Kohli has openly told everything and has come clean.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) selection committee recently appointed Rohit Sharma as the new ODI captain of the team replacing Virat Kohli. Also, Rohit was made Test vice-captain and previously Rohit had replaced Kohli as T20I captain after Kohli decided to step down from his role following the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021.
IPL 2022 Auction | IPL 2022 Teams | IPL News and Updates | IPL 2022 Schedule | ICC Teams Rankings | ICC Players Rankings

At the time of the announcement, no reason was given behind appointing a new ODI captain but later the BCCI president Ganguly shed light on removing Kohli from the ODI captaincy and said that he personally requested Kohli not to quit the T20I captaincy but he didn’t agree and the selectors didn’t want to have two white ball captains in the team that’s why he was removed.
“Actually, the BCCI had requested Virat to not step down as the T20I skipper but obviously, he did not agree. And the selectors then did not feel it right to have two different captains for two white-ball formats,” Ganguly stated.
Meanwhile, on Wednesday Kohli in a press conference revealed that he was never asked to reconsider his decision and the BCCI called it a “progressive step”. He elaborated:
“There was no offense, no hesitation, and not for once was I told that ‘you should not leave T20 captaincy’, On the contrary, the BCCI called it a progressive step and in the right direction. At that time I had communicated that yes, I would like to continue in Tests and ODIs unless office-bearers and selectors think that I shouldn’t carry on with this responsibility.”
It’s Between Virat Kohli And Sourav Ganguly– Nayan Mongia

Kohli after his explosive press conference on Wednesday got a lot of support from fans for clarifying things and not following the safer route by agreeing to the things said by the BCCI president.
Meanwhile, former India wicket-keeper Mongia reacting to the chain of events, Speaking to NDTV stated:
“It’s between Virat and the (BCCI) president. Virat has come clean and openly said everything.”
Meanwhile, Virat Kohli and co. have already left for South Africa and the India tour of South Africa is scheduled to begin from December 26 and India will play three Tests and three ODIs in the tour.
Get All Cricket match prediction and fantasy Tips – CLICK HERE
Cricket Match Prediction | T20 World Cup Match Prediction | Today Match Fantasy Prediction | Fantasy Cricket Tips | Cricket News and Updates | Cricket Live Score
Tagged:
India National Cricket Team India tour of South Africa 2021 Nayan Mongia Rohit Sharma Sourav Ganguly Virat KohliAbout the Author

Sonanchal Gautam is a dedicated sports journalist, content manager, writer, and editor with over 4 y... Read more