Last Update on: May 22nd, 2018 at 01:27 pm
The Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) is all set to lock horns against the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in the 57th match of the tournament. The winner of the match will directly go through to the final of the Indian Premier League (IPL). It is scheduled to be played on Sunday.
With 18 points from 14 games, both teams finished with 18 points. While Sunrises unit has been heavily reliant on their bowling, it is the batsmen who have done the job for Chennai on most of the occasions.
Chennai ended up beating Hyderabad in both the group clashes this season, Hence Hyderabad will hope to register their maiden victory against Chennai in the Twenty20 competition.
Hyderabad will surely learn from their past mistakes and come back stronger. Meanwhile, the first qualifier also holds a huge significance from a statistical point of view.
Let us now have a look at the statistical Preview of Qualifier 1st:
1. Super Kings is the only team in the tournament to qualify for the playoffs on all nine occasions. Meanwhile, Kane Williamson-led Sunrisers have made the playoffs for the fourth time in six attempts.
2. It must be noted that Wankhede Stadium hasn’t been a happy hunting ground for Hyderabad. They have lost four out of the five matches.
However, they will gain heart from the fact they managed to beat Mumbai Indians (MI) in the group league game. Chennai has a relatively better record here and has won five out of their 11 matches.
3. Among the players from both sides, Harbhajan Singh is the only player to bag 50 wickets in IPL at the Wankhede Stadium.
Meanwhile, the highest wicket-taker at the Wankhede is Lasith Malinga, a former Indians player.
4. The head-to-head stats between the two teams is heavily tilted in favour of the Super Kings. While they have won six matches, Hyderabad has managed to beat them only on a couple of occasions.
Chennai has smashed 130 sixes in the tournament so far while Hyderabad is on the other side with just 68.
5. Chennai has a relatively better record coming into Qualifier one. They have a 2-1 win-loss ratio in their last three games coming into the playoffs. They defeated Kings XI Punjab (KXIP), followed it up with a defeat against Delhi Daredevils (DD) and then again returned to winning ways against Hyderabad.
6. On the other hand, Hyderabad will be a bit down on momentum after losing all their last three matches. They suffered a five-wicket loss to Kolkata following 14-run and eight-wicket defeat against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Super Kings respectively.
7. Ambati Rayudu has been in sensational form especially against the Sunrisers.
The opening batsman bagged both the Man of the Match Awards in their previous couple of games.
Rayudu smashed a brilliant match-winning century in the previous clash against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
8. CSK skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has smashed 87 runs against Bhuvneshwar Kumar from just 47 deliveries without getting dismissed. The strike rate of 185.10 is the best in the season by a batsman of one bowler without getting dismissed.